The ZOLL AED Plus is an automated external defibrillator (AED) designed to support the full Chain of Survival, by coaching effective CPR to the responder. The Real CPR Help feature will give rescuers the confidence they need.
Three Reasons WHY You Should Choose Zoll AED Plus.
- The AED Plus has Real CPR Help®, which provides real-time feedback on both rate and depth of chest compressions during CPR. With high-quality CPR, the chances of survival increase dramatically.
- The AED Plus has the lowest total cost of ownership once installed. This means once the AED is installed, there is no cost for batteries or electrode pads – each last 5 years.
- ZOLL provides a total turnkey compliant AED Program. ZOLL provides an AED management and training solution to effortlessly keep your customers compliant in their state.
What is Real CPR Help ???
Real CPR Help® technology gives you real-time depth and rate CPR feedback while you deliver cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The force required to depress the chest during CPR varies per the patient’s size and build. The standard measure of chest compression quality, however, is not force but depth. The Real CPR Help® technology in ZOLL’s CPR-D-padz® includes a hand-placement locator, an accelerometer, electronics, and a processing algorithm that work together to measure vertical displacement in space as each compression occurs.
- Compression Depth Indicator – to achieve at least a two-inch compression depth, which is critical for high-quality CPR, as detailed in the 2010 American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines.
- Compression Rate Indicator – to achieve the recommended compression rate of 100 compressions per minute through a metronome beep that is easy to follow.
- Release Bar – measures release velocity to determine that rescuers are allowing sufficient time for cardiac filling.
- Perfusion Performance Indicator (PPI) – integrates compression depth, rate, and interruption times into one visual indicator. Maintaining maximum value (full indicator) provides visual indication of performance to AHA Guidelines.
- Audio/Message Prompting: Voice and message feedback such as “PUSH HARDER” helps accomplish quality compressions quickly, resulting in a reinforcing message, “GOOD COMPRESSIONS.” To minimize CPR idle time, “CONTINUE CPR” is another important feedback reminder.
- Idle Timer – raises awareness of CPR interruptions by displaying the elapsed time from when the last compression was delivered.
A Complete Road Map for Resuscitation
A picture is worth a thousand words. The AED Plus’ user interface features– pictures combined with text displays and voice prompts. It helps rescuers every step of the way. Lights on the pictures draw the rescuer’s attention to actions in the proper sequence. Text and voice prompts correspond to the pictures and help the rescuer perform every important life-saving action. These pictures and prompts assure that everything is done in order, and that shocks, if required, are delivered rapidly
One Size Fits All
ZOLL’s one-piece electrode design accounts for anatomical variation. Based on extensive human data, CPR-D-padz meet the anthropometric chest characteristics of 99% of the population. If needed, the lower (apex) electrode can be separated and adjusted to accommodate the remaining 1% of the population.
One Electrode is Easier than Two. Ordinary AEDs require that the rescuer use two confusing electrodes. ZOLL’s Full-Rescue AED features CPR-D•padz, ™ are a one-piece, pre-connected pair of electrodes with Real CPR Help. It is easy to place the CPR-D•padz,on the victim quickly.
Five-Year Shelf Life
All AED electrodes transmit defibrillating electricity into the patient via metal in close contact with a salt-infused gel that is positioned between the metal and the skin. Over time, however, the salt in the gel will corrode the metal and eventually compromise electrode functionality. ZOLL’s novel electrode design includes a sacrificial element that prevents significant corrosion for five years, which is unmatched in the market today.
Consumer Batteries for Convenience and Savings
The AED Plus is the only AED to use inexpensive, consumer lithium
batteries that are easy to replace and last five years in stand-by mode.